Jacquie Finister over at 101 uses for a fork has recently passed along the Versatile Blogger Award to me and several other bloggers who she thinks are excellent.
a chain post maybe and no actual award but it makes me very happy that my little blog is actually being noticed. I didn’t quite believe it when I read Jacquie’s post and saw the title of my blog at the top of her list of versatile bloggers. I even clicked on the link to make sure that it was actually my blog. When it did sink in that it was my blog she was talking about a huge smile spread across my cheeks and I let out just a little tiny scream of joy and surprise.
I type away, posting entries about my life, my writing, things I do, slowly but surely building up an array of followers but you can never really tell if your posts make a difference; if they inspire someone, make them laugh or smile, maybe even cry. So having this Versatile Blogger award passed on to me, gives me a sense of security, in that my blog is being read and enjoyed.
And now according to the rules of the Versatile Blogger, I have to…
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
So first things first; Thank you Jacquie!! I’m so glad you enjoy my blog.
A link to their blog is posted above ^^^
And now… the 15 bloggers to whom I pass on this award:
Retrograde Learning – hasn’t posted in a while but I love her posts
Sorry but I’m three short, I’m not following many blogs at the moment and the others have been rather quiet lately.
Finally, I have to list 7 things that you probably don’t know about me:
1) I have an older sister – we get on but sometimes I struggle with people asking about her etc like she is more succesful and has better things going on in her life than I do.
2) My middle name is Lauren, and with Sophie as my first name, people often think I am named after Sophia Loren but in a more English way. I am not.
3) I used to volunteer my time at a charity shop for sick animals
4) growing up I was a complete tomboy and hated anything girly… now I absouletly adore being feminine
5) I hate that I have a thirst for knowledge now, that I didn’t have through my years at school/college.
6) I am good at organising my time but useless at following through with my plans to do something – I am a huge procrastinator.
7) I am quiet in real life conversations – I only like talking when I have something good to contribute to conversation; I’m very much of the attitude “It’s better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt” (I think Lincoln said this)
And there we have it; my versatile’s bloggers post. Thanks again to Jacquie for nominating me. I’m so glad that my blog is being read and enjoyed. and can’t quite believe that someone thinks it is good enough for this award.